A quick photography guide showcasing straightforward steps to help you use your digital camera on manual and capture the moments that matter!
This Week: Sharing a Giggle!
How to Take This Photo At Home
- Lens: EF85mm f/1.2L II USM
- ISO: 800
- f /: 3.2
- Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec
- Lighting: Autumn afternoon
- Time of day: 3.45pm
- Where was I: In the shade of the house, kids sitting on the front wall
- Other notes: A great photography guide to capturing these types of shots are greatly about anticipating what the kids will do next. Ask them silly questions, get them to look at each by asking things like their eye colour, who has the biggest nose, who does the stinkiest farts, anything that is silly to get natural smiles. Have the camera set up ready, so do some test shots to make sure and then go for it!
Try It For Yourself!
WEEKEND TASK: Sit the kids on a wall or somewhere where they will stay contained for a few seconds :) The front of the house on doorsteps and on retaining walls are always a good option.
Have fun with this one! If you want to learn with like-minded mums how to use your camera on manual to capture gorgeous images of your kids, Beginner Bootcamp is starting soon. Jump on the waitlist here and get tips and tricks like this sent straight to your inbox while you wait!